Veteran Services

Veterans Services Officer John Hale Video


The Parker County Veterans Service Office, appointed by the Parker County Commissioners Court, exists to assist veterans, surviving spouses, and families in applying for available benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
These services include:

  • Disability Compensation Claims
  • Non-Service Connected Pension
  • Dependency and Indemnity Compensation Claims
  • Widows Death Pension Claims
  • Aid and Attendance Claims
  • Housebound Claims
  • V.A. Health Care Benefits
  • Educational Benefits to include Hazelwood
  • Insurance Benefits
  • Home Loan Benefits and Property Loans
  • Veterans Nursing Homes
  • Obtain Military Records and Discharge Upgrades
  • Appeals to V.A. and Request for Debt Waivers
  • Texas Veterans Commission Programs
  • Property Tax Exemptions for Disabled Veterans
  • Referrals to Community Resources

Appointments are not required. The Veterans Officer is available to make home visits to housebound applicants.