Jury Duty

Parker County District Clerk
Sharena Gilliland

Jury Coordinator
Jennifer Turner


We are excited to introduce our new eResponse system, which gives you the opportunity to respond to your jury service online. This system will allow you to provide an e-mail and cell phone number that will be used to send you notifications and reminders regarding your jury service. You can also submit exemptions, disqualifications, or request a one-time deferral of your jury service. 

You will need your jury summons to proceed. Please click the eResponse link below to begin. 


You can also check the status of your jury service on the eResponse site by clicking on the Profile/Status link and looking at the "Reporting Date" under "Service Information." Any cancellations will be posted by 5:00 p.m. the day prior to your jury service date.

If you have questions about your jury service, there is a Frequently Asked Questions section below. If you need additional assistance, please contact the Jury Services Department at (817) 598-6111. 


We have received several reports of people receiving phone calls from scammers claiming to be affiliated with Parker County and/or law enforcement. The scammers inform people that they have missed jury duty and threaten to have them arrested or attempt to collect a fee. They may also ask for personal information. 

The Parker County District Clerk’s office will NEVER call you to collect money for failure to appear for jury duty. If you are summoned for jury service, you will receive a summons in the mail. If you receive a suspicious call regarding jury service, please contact the Jury Services Department at (817) 598-6111.

Frequently Asked Questions 

1. How was I selected?

  • You were selected at random from a list provided to us by the Texas Secretary of State composed of a list of those having a valid drivers license, personal ID card/certificate, and/or voter registration in Parker County.

2. Am I eligible to serve on a jury? 

    To be qualified to serve as a juror you must:

  • Be at least 18 Years of age.
  • Be a citizen of the United States.
  • Be a resident of Parker County, Texas.
  • Be qualified under the Constitution and laws to vote in Parker County.
  • Be of sound mind and good moral character.
  • Be able to read and write.
  • Have not served as a petit juror for six days during the preceding six months in a district court or during the preceding three months in a county court.
  • Have never been convicted of a misdemeanor theft or any felony.
  • Not be under indictment or other legal accusation for misdemeanor theft, felony theft, or any other felony charge.

3. Can I be exempt from jury service? 

    You can be exempt from jury service if you are: 

  • Over 75 years of age.
  • The legal custodian of a child younger than 12 years of age and service on the jury would require leaving the child without adequate supervision.
  • A student at a public or private high school or in actual attendance at an institution of higher education.
  • An officer or employee of the Senate, the House of Representatives, or any department commission, board, office, or any agency in the legislative branch of state government.
  • The primary caretaker of a person who is unable to care for him/herself.
  • In active service of any branch of the U.S. military and deployed outside of Parker County.
  • A person with a physical or mental impairment making it impossible or very difficult to serve on a jury. To claim this exemption, a disability or physician’s statement must be submitted and indicate whether you should be exempted permanently or for 12 months. These can be faxed to (817) 598-6131 or e-mailed to jury.services@parkercountytx.com.

4. Can I reschedule my Jury Service? 

  • Jurors may request a one-time deferral before their summons date. 

5. Can I be excused due to work reasons? 

  • You cannot be excused for work related or economic reasons. 

6. Is there a penalty for not responding to a jury summons? 

  • A person summoned for jury service who does not comply with the summons as required by law, or knowingly provides false information, is subject to a fine of no less than $100 nor more than $1000. 

7. What is the dress code? 

  • Dress appropriately for court. Business casual is acceptable. Do NOT wear shorts, tank tops, hats, flip flops, sandals, etc. 

8. Will I get paid for my jury service? 

  • Prospective jurors receive $20.00 for the first day that they participate in jury selection, and $58.00 for each succeeding day of service. 

9. When will I receive payment? 

10. I intended to donate my jury pay, but received a check. How can I donate? 

     Please return the check to:

    Parker County Treasurer
    1112 Santa Fe Drive
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Attn: Jury

Please be sure to note the charity that you wish to donate to. Available charities are listed below: 

  • The Compensation to Victims of Crime Fund 
    * Resource and advocacy organization for crime victims
  • The local office of the Department of Family & Protective Services 
    * Formerly known as CPS, services to children and families of Parker County
  • The Parker County Committee on Aging
    * Organization committed to serving the needs of the elderly in Parker County 
  • The Parker County Freedom House 
    * Women’s services, victims of abuse and crisis intervention in Parker County
  • The Parker County Jury Fund 
    * A fund to pay jurors for their services on a jury panel
  • The Weatherford Parker County Animal Shelter 
    * Provides food and care for stray and homeless animals and prepares them for adoption
  • CASA of Parker County 
    * Court Appointed Special Advocates for neglected and abused children who are in the court system
  • MANNA of Parker County 
    * Organization operated by volunteers to help the needy
  • Safe Harbor 
    * Counseling Services 
  • Parker County Veteran's Services 
    * Assists veterans and families in applying for benefits from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs
  • Children's Advocacy Center
    Medical and therapeutic recovery services and support for victims and families

11. I received my check, but the amount is incorrect. Who do I contact? 

  • Please contact Jury Services at (817) 598-6111.

12. I never received my jury check. How do I get a replacement? 

  • If a check has not been received after 8 weeks, please contact the Parker County Treasurer’s Office at (817) 598-6150. They will check if the payment has been returned by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Otherwise, there is a 30 calendar day waiting period before a new check can be issued.