How do I make an open records request?
Requests for access to or copies of county government public records should be made in writing directly to the department that has custody of the records. In county government, each elected official is the public information administrator of his department.

No department has control, possession, or authority over the records of any other department. A request made to the wrong department can cause unnecessary delay. The department that received a request for records in another department has no duty to forward the request to the correct department. For additional information concerning Public Information Act requests visit the Attorney General of Texas.

Some records may be excluded from disclosure by law. In some instances costs for copying or retrieving records may be charged.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out my appraised value of my property?
2. How do I make an open records request?